Redevelopment of The Former Pontins Site, Beach Road, Hemsby
Paul Robinson Partnership and Parker Planning Services are delighted to be working with Pine Developments, in relation to producing a full planning application for the re-development of the site. The approved outline application established the principal of the development and the new full planning application will now look to develop those ideas into a fully worked up proposal. All companies have worked collaboratively on many projects and have a wealth of experience dealing with major development projects in the area.
The proposal will include:
- Remodelling existing holiday chalets to provide new, affordable homes by merging two units into one, extensively reconfiguring internal layouts and transforming the external appearance, including balcony areas and constructing attractive pitched roofs. The buildings will be cladded in contemporary and attractive materials to modernise them and improve their energy efficiency as well as their appearance, with modern energy efficient technology also used. This philosophy will result in attractive, efficient, affordable and low running cost homes.
- A number of the existing chalets will be converted in a similar vein but retained as holiday accommodation which is important to improve the tourism accommodation offering
- Instead of the outline application’s suggestion of caravans, the proposal will involve attractive lodges to offer a diversity of accommodation
- Retail space will be provided in the form of a convenience store as well as several smaller units for local businesses such as hairdressers
- The swimming pool building will be transformed and re-modelled to provide a modern swimming pool and leisure facility including a café and potentially a bar, gym space and spa. This is seen as a hub, both for the tourism element of the proposal, but just as importantly for the local community of Hemsby, adding a valuable community facility to the area
- The 22 acre site is already blessed with extensive and mature trees and landscaping. The new owners and the design team all feel these are important features to be preserved and enhanced. Indeed, the development’s name, “The Pines” is a nod to the retained flora.
A pre-application meeting to gauge some initial feedback has been undertaken with the Planning Department of Great Yarmouth Borough Council, the production of further architectural plans and specialists reports are currently underway.
This will be a high quality development making the use of existing buildings where possible in order to reduce the demolition and waste removal for the site, as well as to make sustainable use of buildings which are capable of being remodelled. We have taken on board the comments made in the pre-application meeting and sought to provide greater community facilities and tourism accommodation than was secured as part of the outline application. The site has a ‘parkland’ feel to it with the many wonderful trees and landscaping features and this has also contributed to the desire to retain the existing buildings and layout of the site to enable as much of those attractive features to be retained as possible.
It is particularly important to the new owners and developers for the site to achieve a development to be proud of which adds value to the community. This is a highly exciting project which we are all delighted and proud to be involved with. The aim is for the full planning application to be submitted to the Council before the end of the summer period in order that work can commence early next year.
Follow link to Pine Developments Limited for more information
Redevelopment of The Former Pontins Site, Beach Road, Hemsby Paul Robinson Partnership and Parker Planning Services are delighted to be working with Pine Developments, in relation to producing a full planning